Sunday, October 11, 2009

A little fun

This is John. John and I met in college in our photography classes, and he's the first friend with whom I shared a passion for photography. When we were in school we would go exploring, get lost and shoot whatever we found along the way. It was always a fun adventure, whether the pics were stellar or not! Well, he came to town a few weeks back, and what better idea to have than to go out exploring around Raleigh with our cameras? We drove around for several hours, but didn't really come across much worth shooting. It was getting late and we were just about to determine the best way to find our way back home, when John said "That road looked promising!" So we pulled a U-turn and drove down this random road that had a couple of warehouse looking buildings on it. This location was at the end of that road. Seriously it was so neat and eerily silent. There was not a soul around and not a single "No Trespassing" sign. Double bonus for PERFECT light. YES! As far as we could tell it was still a functioning site, complete with a HUGE pit in the earth. I really would like to shoot a trash the dress session there. Any takers? Anyway, since I am not much of a landscape photographer, I made John take a break from his shooting for me to grab some shots of him (begrudgingly!).


Doesn't it look like he is out west in some desert????



I also made him begrudgingly take a couple of shots of me. I like this one!

Then he went back to his camera soooo...Self portrait!


I love exploring, and I need to do more of it!!

1 comment:

April said...

UH wow. What in the world. How in the world. i mean, please explain to me how one person can be so awesome. I'm not even understanding how you find these awesome places.. and it's really inspiring to see your passion.