Thursday, June 12, 2008

Places/Faces: Brazil

Last year I took a four month hiatus from my life in the states and traveled down to South America, specifically to Brazil. I had been on two other occasions with my church for short term missions trips. On my first, I fell in love with the people we were working with. They are an indigenous tribe that dwell in villages along the riverbanks of the Amazon River Basin. I lived among them in several different villages, learning their culture and customs, and helping a Brazilian missionary share the gospel with them. It was a powerful and life-changing experience. I was not there for the purpose of taking pictures, however, I found many occasions to do so. The children especially loved to be my subjects! Many of them had probably never had their picture taken. They captured my heart in ways I can't describe, and when I spend much time looking at my pictures of them, it's hard not to get choked up. Anyway, until now, I hadn't shared many of my pictures of them except with family and friends. So after saying all that, here are some portraits I recently re-visited and edited. Enjoy:-)


1 comment:

Ashley and David said...

there is so much intensity in these portraits. you cant help but to be drawn in. you capture that well.