Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Faces: Amber and Matt

This past weekend, I had an unusual opportunity to shoot a wedding at the last minute! I will spare you the scary details, but the photographer scheduled for the day was unavoidably detained out of state, and he asked my photographer friend Adam to fill in for him. He called me at 12:30 asking if I could be at the wedding to help him out at 3:30! That's only 3 hours notice! Usually I like to brainstorm and prepare for a wedding day in advance, but this did not afford me that luxury! My heart went out to the couple, and of course I said yes. Luckily, I was still able to eat lunch with my daddy for Father's Day!

Amber and Matt were amazing, as were their families, about the situation. If it had been me, I think I would have been freaking out a little more! They were so appreciative that we showed up, and the day went really well. And it was awesome for us because we had some fun people to shoot, and I even knew a couple of the guests! ha. Here are a few of my favorites from the day! Enjoy!

Girls waiting for the ceremony
Photobucket
The newlyweds! We were at an awesome waterfall but you can't really see it here.
Photobucket

I love glass jars! All of the flowers at the reception were in Ball Mason Jars. Loved it!
Photobucket

First Dance.
amber and matt

Rings!
Photobucket

And my favorite thing about Amber... her gauges! Check those out! I'm jealous!
Photobucket

Thanks for lookin'

2 comments:

April said...

Woah.. I'm pretty sure I know that guy. Do you know if his last name is Nielsen?? Super funky yumminess.

Ashley and David said...

love the ring shot, love the hair shot, love the glass jars!!!