Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Britt!

I am excited to tell you the neat story behind photographing Aubrie and Kyle's wedding day, because God is really cool sometimes. I had actually photographed Aubrie a while back for her senior pictures, and I was so excited when I was contacted again by her and her mom about photographing Aubrie's wedding. However, that excitement quickly faded when they had to change their date, and I realized that I was already booked for the new wedding date. Bummer! I sadly had to tell them that I would not be able to photograph her wedding. Aubrie's mom and I even talked about trying to photograph both weddings in one day, and although I appreciated her confidence in me, we just knew that wouldn't work. Several weeks passed, and I was checking my email, when I happened to get a note from a bride that had had her date booked for almost a year, and out of the blue was needing to change her wedding date. I was astounded that it happened to be the bride with the same wedding date as Aubrie! After confirming the date change, I quickly sent Aubrie's mom a text, wondering if they had found another photographer yet. To my astonishment they were still looking! It didn't take us long to get everything in order, and I was so glad that it had all worked out! God is so good! Aubrie and Kyle's wedding was not only beautiful and sweet, but so much fun. They are such smiley people, and their joy on their wedding day was contagious! Here is a little glimpse of their big day!

The wedding was at the Binkley Chapel on the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary Campus in Wake Forest. It has the coolest maps in the upstairs prayer rooms! Had to show some NC love!


This is one of my most favorite shots of the day.


Amazing shoes!









Aubrie's mom's reaction to seeing her in her dress was so sweet.


Aubrie and Kyle chose to see each other before the ceremony. I love that more and more couples are doing this. It is still such a special moment to see each other for the first time on the wedding day!


The first look also gives us lots and lots of time for portraits!










Such a stunning bride!








Great shot of the walk down the aisle by my assistant John Mode!





Married! Another great capture by John!

Beautiful cake! I love the sparkly center on the bow!










Aubrie and Kyle really wanted some pictures at dusk, and we timed it just right to get such a beautiful sky!

Their friends showed no mercy on their car!

Love the Dr. Thunder cans tied to the back! Classic!


Kyle and Aubrie, I couldn't be more happy that I was able to photograph your wedding! I pray that the Lord will continue to bless your relationship and your lives together!
Don't forget to find The Indie Image on Facebook to see a bunch more photos from Aubrie and Kyle's wedding, and hear the latest Indie Image news!

No comments: