Monday, October 17, 2011

Alison and Adam: Engagement Shoot

I am so looking forward to Alison and Adam's wedding coming up in January for several reasons. 1) Based on these photos alone, you can tell how awesome they are. 2) Alison is a graphic designer and has sooo many fun ideas for her wedding, that I can't wait to see it all come together. 3) They are getting married in January and it makes me think of the Avett Brother's song "January Wedding". (Ha, ok, so that last reason is silly, but I do love the Avett Brothers and any excuse to hear their music in my head.) I've been wanting to blog their engagement shoot since this summer, but I have just been so busy! So, I decided to make myself get it on the blog today... when it's this good, it is better late than never! We had tons of ideas for this shoot, and I was really pleased at how it turned out. Plus, you know I am going to love anyone who lets me incorporate an abandoned factory into their shoot. Here are a BUNCH of my favorites. :-)

We started off at Alison's apartment. I loved this cute engagement card she had tacked to an inspiration board.
 
I had asked them before the shoot what kind of things they liked to do together... answer: hang out together with their laptops and play Words with Friends on their phones :-)  
This alley at the abandoned factory has some great light, and I've wanted to come back here for a while (after finding it on my urban exploring adventure here.)  
It is truly fun to see couples who are so full of joy together and bursting with love. These two beam around each other. :-)
 
Looooove this.
Models? Yeah pretty much.
 
This next series might be my favorite from the whole day. Cool people, cool place.  
The last location of the day was at the NC Museum of Art (where they had their first date). Alison's favorite color is orange, and she brought this giant balloon for some fun shots! I loved the playfulness it added to the shoot.  
The date! (Can you see the scrabble influence again?) Sweetness.  
After the ring shot, we wanted to get a "proposal" type shot without being too literal. I dig how this turned out. :-)
I had so much fun with these two all over Raleigh, and I look forward to many more fun times with them in front of the camera on January 28th! Don't forget to find The Indie Image on Facebook to see a bunch more photos from Alison and Adam's engagement shoot, and hear the latest Indie Image news!

No comments: