Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Spencer and Laura's Wedding Day!

So, I know I already put these pictures up on Facebook, but I still wanted to write a little about their wedding day on here! Plus, I know a few people aren't on Facebook.. like my mom. haha. I had such a wonderful time photographing Spencer and Laura's wedding day! They are such kind, happy people and their day had that same sense of warmth and joy that they do! Their wedding service was at their church, Visio Dei, not far from downtown Raleigh. I met up with the ladies earlier in the day at Salon 21 on Glenwood to photograph them getting ready.



>

I loved her flowers! Lots of white and yellow!






Spencer and Laura decided to see each other before the ceremony, so we had them meet at the lovely Haywood Hall in downtown. It was a perfect setting for a first look!









I really liked the colorful and fun bridesmaids dresses!


And right about here is when it started to rain on us!

Getting out of the rain!

We let the wedding party go on back to the church, but Laura and her family had to take cover on the porch of Haywood Hall until the downpour ceased! This is her family trying to keep her from getting rained on! So cute!

Thankfully the rain stopped, and we made it back to the church for the wedding!



Their programs were really neat, stitched with beautiful paper covers. Thought I would incorporate one of the pretty papers into the ring shot!

Pretty cute cake toppers! Go Wolfpack!

The reception was at The Stockroom at 230. I loved the cool, rustic vibe it had, and her decorations really played in to that ambiance well!





There were several familiar faces in the crowd, including one of my 2012 couples! Can't wait for their wedding day!


Laura's sisters gave some sweet and funny toasts!


This was a dancing crowd! I love it when everybody gets out on the dance floor!





The last dance with Laura's parents in the background. Sweetness.

They ended the evening by leaving in a famous Raleigh Rickshaw! Love it!


Congrats to you both! I was so honored to be a part of your wedding day! I pray the Lord will bless you both in this adventure called marriage!


Don't forget to find The Indie Image on Facebook to see more photos and hear the latest news!

No comments: