Monday, July 4, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Norwood!

Well, I think I've kept you all waiting long enough for a new post. I hate even having to say that I am terrible at keeping up with this blog (it is pretty self-evident)! I really hope to change all that, but I am buried under so many wonderful shoots to blog that it seems almost impossible to get them all out on here!
But, change happens one blog post at a time!! So, here is the lovely wedding of Katie and David Norwood. I was so so excited to have these guys as clients. From the moment I first met with them I knew they were going to be a great couple to work with and photograph. Katie is bubbly and sweet as sugar, and David is laid back and friendly, and I hardly have to say that they are adorable together. Katie's mom is a coordinator that I had worked with before as well, and I was really flattered that they wanted me to shoot their wedding day! Although it started out as a drizzly Saturday morning on Easter weekend, nothing could make a dent in the cheerfulness of this day. From the bride and groom to the wedding party and guests, everyone was all smiles all day long.
Here is their day in pictures!


The ceremony was held at Windborne UMC Church in Raleigh. This shot was taken by my talented second photographer, Jonathan O'Brien.

Flowers were by Array Designs (on facebook).

As is typical in many church weddings, the bride often must get ready in a children's Sunday school classroom. Why not embrace it? (PS. Katie loves giraffes, so it was a win!)


Dinos in camo? Sure, why not!





David's Ranger boots. Apparently, they have a special way of wearing them as you will see later.






All the fellas look so sharp!


Such a sweet groom!



Katie and David were so sweet together. Shooting their couple time was so easy and fun!







The reception was at The Cotton Room in Durham. It is probably one of my favorite venues for receptions! I'm a sucker for exposed brick, wooden beams, and lots of natural light! Photo by Jonathan again.

I loved the paper straws and bottled sodas! Photo by Jonathan.








Love it!

All of their friends and family circled around them for a last dance and farewell. It was so sweet, and then it turned into huge group hugs!


Goodnight!

I wish you two the very best in your lives together! I pray the Lord will bless your marriage, and that it will glorify Him for your whole lives.

If you want to see more photos from this wedding, find The Indie Image on Facebook!

1 comment:

Kt said...

Becca,
You are definitely amazing. I could never be more grateful for you as a friend and as a photographer! You have captured my day in a way I could not have imagined. Thank you so much for doing everything for the glory of the Lord- God is so honored by your talent in the fact that you give it back to him! Thank you so much!

- Katie