Thursday, April 1, 2010

A little visual music.

A couple of weekends ago a friend asked me to go see some bands play at a local venue. Neither of us had heard of them before that night, but after a quick listen we were convinced it would be a good time. I guess you would place them in the folk genre, with their mandolins, fiddles, and banjos, but really they were a bit of everything. I must say the headliners, Cadillac Sky, put on a great show. It was lively and entertaining, and I really enjoyed their set. They even played a cover of a Death Cab for Cutie song which was great. I actually brought my camera along, which is not something I usually do if it's not a band I know. I enjoyed photographing these guys, though the lighting was a bit tricky. Here are a few I liked. I'll get to see them again at Merlefest at the end of the month! Hoorah!

Apache Relay





Cadillac Sky











This guy beatboxed. It was wild.

1 comment:

J. O'Brien Photo said...

Looks like you didn't have much of a tricky lighting problem to me. They look great!