Saturday, June 13, 2009

Stephanie and Kevin are engaged!!!

Yes, I am power-blogging! For the handful of you who actually follow this, I have left you waiting for way too long for a new post! So lucky you! You get two tonight!! You are welcome:-)

This was a really fun shoot. Stephanie is a very special friend. She and I met on a missions trip to Brazil with our church in 2005...then went back two more times together! In 2007 we spent several months working together in the Amazon with a indigenous people group there. It was a great bonding experience and really solidified our friendship. We have some tales, let me tell you!! Ok, enough background info.. this post is not about that! Stephanie just got engaged to Kevin (who I totally approve of..he and I both have a great knowledge of the civil war) and I was so happy to be able to take their engagement pictures! These two are adorably in love and it was a blessing to me to be able to watch them together and document this sweet time in their relationship. When I went to pick the pictures for this post, I came up with 40.. oops! I just liked so many! But for your sake, I narrowed it down as best I could! Enjoy!

I started out the day by making them sit in some cacti.. I knew from the start this would be fun!




The answer is, yes, they are in a tree. Kevin is quite a climber!

This may be my favorite.. but I am not sure.



Re-enact engagement...check.












How adorable are they!?

Or...this may be my favorite:-)



Stephanie and Kevin are getting married in August. I am not shooting the wedding because... I am in it!! Woot woot! My dear friend April from Evoke is the lucky lady who gets to shoot the special day.. and me in a bridesmaid dress and awesome 4" heels I bought for the occasion! :-)

4 comments:

Savannah Strickland Photography said...

oh my! you are so freaking good! jealous. they are all gorgeous

Amanda Dengler said...

yea stephanie!! pretty photos becca. they all look awesome. great work.

Ashley and David said...

Aww they are so cute! I love the backlit one as well. Very romantic and dreamy :)

April said...

You did an awesome job. I'm terrified to be following behind your work. Scared.