Thursday, December 11, 2008

Faces: Liz and Casey

I will preface this by saying this post is a little tardy... Liz and Casey tied the knot in Statesville, NC about a month ago! It was a neat situation because I was actually co-shooting this wedding with a good friend of mine, Jonathan, who is getting in to wedding photography. So besides being a happy wedding day, I also got to hang out with a friend all day. You can check his blog out here.

So, back to the wedding...Liz actually told me that she had never been to a wedding before and that her own would be her first! I couldn't believe she was able to plan one without every having been to one! Crazy! But she did a great job and everything went off without any glitches. While I was pulling pictures for this post, I was drawn to a lot that were very documentary in style. So, this post may seem a little odd because it has a lot of black and white (which I feel compliment documentary pictures), but I just liked these best, and that is what the blog is for!

The Girls





The Boys



Havin' a laugh





I always feel sorry for whoever has to set things like this up!

Then I put some rings on them.

Then I put the rings on a payphone receiver. Why? Because there was one.


Haha... ok this was kind of funny. I was photographing away during the toasts and this little guy just appears in my viewfinder and it startled me. I focused on him, snapped the shot, and he was gone.

Because of a tight schedule, all of the fun couple portraits ended up having to be towards the end of the reception. So I took them outside for just a few. You can't really tell it was like 35 degrees. They were troopers!

Ok, and now just because.... The guy on the right is Jonathan, the other photographer. I snapped this picture because I thought it was kind of funny. He is dedicated to the shot! haha. The guy on the left is my friend Kenny from years ago! He was good friends with the bride, and I didn't know he was going to be at the wedding and playing until the day of! What fun:-) Completely unnecessary to post, but fun.

2 comments:

J. O'Brien Photo said...

I don't like how yours turned out so much better than mine. I also don't like that you got my undies showin'. haha.

Ashley and David said...

fun ring shots!! i like how you went with a documentary blog post... very nice.