Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Mill Family (My Family!)

Meet the Mills - some of my favorite people on the planet! Ok, ok.. so I am partial because it is my brother's family, but I'm pretty sure I would love them even if they weren't. People often assume that because you are a photographer, you take tons and tons of pictures of your own family. Truth is, and these guys can testify to this, I very rarely get to photograph them. I know, it is a shame. Even worse, when I do make time, they have to wait the longest to get their pictures back! I know, I am an awful sister! But even so, sometimes they still let me get away with it. We tried to fit a lot into this shoot, and faced lots of obstacles along the way, but we were going to get these photos done come hell or high water! These are my nephew's 2 year old (ish) portraits, my sister-in-law's preggers pics, and some family portraits of all three of them to boot. It took us two days (in some of the gloomiest weather for shooting) but we did it! AND I got them back to them in just over a month. I'm pretty proud of myself. haha. Here are some favs from the shoots!

Lila is over 8 months pregnant here! We welcomed little Harrison into the world on April 7th:-)

Such a sweet big brother!


That face is irresistible!





I really love these next two. Just such honest emotion! Love it!



What a ham:-)



I love his expression. Somebody is unimpressed with day two of shooting.


This one just makes me smile.






He is my brother's child...and his grandfather's grandchild. There is no way this kid would not get the fishing bug.



Finding the fish is serious business.


If you are curious... yes, he was steering.




Love you guys!

No comments: