Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Courtney in the Cold

So about two weeks ago, before the delightfully springy weather, I shot some portraits of Courtney Phelps. It was probably one of the coldest days that we have had, but she came from out of town, so there was no way to re-schedule! But man, she was a trooper! Courtney is a recording artist, releasing a new album very soon and she needed some photos taken. Her manager is a friend I made in college, and I was so pleased when he asked if I could help the out. The name of her album is going to be "Dirty Laundry"... so where else do you go but a laundromat! YES! I have always wanted to shoot in one. Yes, I know it has been done, but this shoot actually had a very logical reason for it! We did some other photos around town, but our main focus was in the laundromat. You should definitely check out her music here. I got a little preview of it and it is wonderful. PS. Courtney is not related to Michael Phelps. Yes, I asked.

























4 comments:

Maren said...

yay! very nice..i like the ones of her throwing the clothes

Amanda Dengler said...

these are great. i like the one that you shot through the circle doors. the light and her smile are really pretty in the red chair photo--love it.

Ashley and David said...

ok ok ok wow! sooooo i love the one where she is looking through the washer door at you and then the one where there are tons of doors open behind her. way to work a space like that!!

J. O'Brien Photo said...

yes, i agree with everyone, plus the one of her sitting in the wash, the one where the amp in the focus and shes not, and the last one are also my favorites. actually a few more are but i don't feel like naming them all. haha.