Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hope Reins of Raleigh

Most of you do not know that I have a love for horses that I have had since I was a small child. I remember being very young and pretending to gallop around like a pony. Yes, it is embarrassing, but who cares. Once I was old enough, I looked for any opportunity to ride or just be around these beautiful creatures. Last year, I began looking for opportunities to volunteer and get involved in a charity. It was definitely the Lord that led me to Hope Reins. What a fit! The mission of this organization is to give children and horses in need a chance to find love and healing in the bonds they form with each other. The mission is grounded in faith in God, and is supported by a wonderful network of volunteers. I was happy to jump right into the middle of it all! Not only do I provide photography for publicity and the website, I also feed the horses one morning a week! I love what they are all about, and I love supporting this ministry! This is my chance to share them with you!

Hope Reins was founded by Kim. She had the wonderful vision for what she wanted Hope Reins to be. This is Kim with some of her equine friends!

Isaiah was Hope Reins' first rescue. After years of neglect, he was able to live out the last 6 months of his life at the farm being loved by everyone! We miss this big, pretty boy!

Miss Shiloh. She is a rock and loved by little girls everywhere!

Sonny Boy!

Sonny + Shiloh

Gabe is our mischievous pony! He has a knack for getting out of his pen!

You can see it in his eyes:-)

Esther is an ex-show pony. She is a pretty, sweet girl!

This big boy is Maverick! He's so beautiful and gentle.

Children love being "introduced" to the horses.

Coming in for a session!

The kids are encouraged to interact with the horses. They learn grooming and tacking. This helps build their confidence around these big animals. It also helps them to bond with each other.







Friends helping friends.. safety first!



Ready to ride!






I love seeing the kids' smiling so big!


After their ride, the horses get a good dose of loving and some treats!



Horsey hugs!

Horsey kisses!



Each session wraps up with some time with the volunteers. They listen to the kids talk about their lives, and pray with them. These little encounters with loving horses and adults are so valuable in the lives of these children.


If you would like to find out more about Hope Reins of Raleigh, or see how you can get involved, please check out their website: hopereinsraleigh.org

No comments: